I am a fully qualified specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, the equivalent of board certified. I am experienced, having been in private plastic surgery practice since 1998. I focus on Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Procedures.
- Registered as a specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Member of the Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons of South Africa (APRASSA)
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- International member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Past President and Chair of the South African Cleft Lip and Palate Society (SACLAPS)
- Plastic Surgeon volunteer for Operation Smile
I trained at the University of Cape Town and Groote Schuur Hospital, finishing my fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1997. I have worked in the UK and done some training abroad. I maintain my professional standards by regularly attending congresses and meetings and keeping up to date with the relevant plastic surgery literature.
I have presented and published both locally and internationally and I regularly attend Plastic Surgery meetings.
I am the past head of the Cleft Lip and Palate Unit at Red Cross Children’s Hospital.
My wife, Di, has been a source of inspiration to me for many years. We have two lovely children, Noah and Eve. Noah was born with a Stahl’s ear which we corrected with splinting, not surgery.
I am feeling uncomfortable and not very proud of myself! I did not get round to expressing my gratitude and appreciation to you.! Dirk, thank you so very much for all your kindness and understanding throughout my dealings with you and it has been always been a pleasure dealing with your entire practise.