I am a fully qualified specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, the equivalent of board certified. I am experienced, having been in private plastic surgery practice since 1998. I focus on Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Procedures.
- Registered as a specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Member of the Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons of South Africa (APRASSA)
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- International member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Past President and Chair of the South African Cleft Lip and Palate Society (SACLAPS)
- Plastic Surgeon volunteer for Operation Smile
I trained at the University of Cape Town and Groote Schuur Hospital, finishing my fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1997. I have worked in the UK and done some training abroad. I maintain my professional standards by regularly attending congresses and meetings and keeping up to date with the relevant plastic surgery literature.
I have presented and published both locally and internationally and I regularly attend Plastic Surgery meetings.
I am the past head of the Cleft Lip and Palate Unit at Red Cross Children’s Hospital.
My wife, Di, has been a source of inspiration to me for many years. We have two lovely children, Noah and Eve. Noah was born with a Stahl’s ear which we corrected with splinting, not surgery.
This email comes late as I have purposed to do this since the beginning of the year. I came to you in January 2009 to have reconstructive surgery for a scar on my face. For many people it did not seem a big deal but somehow, I had failed to accept as I could not even look at my face because of it.
You did an excellent job. With the limitations you explained to me, the scar has now healed with a year of plaster/ tape. I still see where the scar originally was but it is now almost unnoticeable that I hardly take notice of it.
I now go about confidently, never hiding my face with my hand as I used to do in the past.
Also, you were so gracious to let me use the coach house at only a fraction of the price. You will never know how truly grateful I am. I will always have fond memories of Cape Town.
Thank you so much. Please extend my thanks to your team also.
God bless you,