I am a fully qualified specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, the equivalent of board certified. I am experienced, having been in private plastic surgery practice since 1998. I focus on Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Procedures.
- Registered as a specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Member of the Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons of South Africa (APRASSA)
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- International member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Past President and Chair of the South African Cleft Lip and Palate Society (SACLAPS)
- Plastic Surgeon volunteer for Operation Smile
I trained at the University of Cape Town and Groote Schuur Hospital, finishing my fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1997. I have worked in the UK and done some training abroad. I maintain my professional standards by regularly attending congresses and meetings and keeping up to date with the relevant plastic surgery literature.
I have presented and published both locally and internationally and I regularly attend Plastic Surgery meetings.
I am the past head of the Cleft Lip and Palate Unit at Red Cross Children’s Hospital.
My wife, Di, has been a source of inspiration to me for many years. We have two lovely children, Noah and Eve. Noah was born with a Stahl’s ear which we corrected with splinting, not surgery.
Dear Dr. Lazarus,
I hope all is well with you?
3 months have passed since I had my baggy eyelids trimmed back! I have to say I am very happy with the results. I suffered quite bad bruising for around one month after the surgery [redheads!], but absolutely no pain at all and I am very happy with the results 3 months later. I can just about not see the scars and can also not really feel them any longer. I am also very happy with the shape of my eyes after the surgery.
Thank you so much.
Warm regards from Hong Kong